Wednesday, May 30, 2007

You mean there's more!!!!

Absolutely, I told you the list could go one forever:) Today I am going to share something with you that I bet a lot of you enjoy.....But for me, I simply can't live without them;) I actually had a friend stop by a few days ago with her husband and I had some of them burning and when he asked about it she said"Oh you better believe there is a thin coat of wax on everything in this house" I LMBO!!! This is so true. I actually have a closet downstairs that I keep pretty well stocked with them at all times.One if the first things I do when I come in the door is light my candles!








As I'm sure you've guessed by now, it's not just any old brand I like, I prefer........... Partylight actually! I bet you thought I was gonna say Yankee or White Barn or something like that:) Nope! I love partylight! The ones that you have to order and have a party and all that jazz. They smell the best, last the longest, and burn the cleanest:)(again, really wishing I could get some sort of kickback here for the publicity) I hate that black film you get on some of the jars! and these don't get that! Picky I know but what can I say, I like what I like:) Oh you know what others smell really awesome and are super cheap, those Glade scented oil things? They go in the little glass dish and burn for a few hours and then go out, those smell sooo good, there's a linen one..... I think I may light that now:) Oh and I know you want to know my favorites scents...right?:) I just love the Yuzu and Lime(no I have no idea what yuzu is but it sure smells good) for the kitchen and there's a strawberry rhubarb,mmmmmm... and lets see......an orangy(sp?) one they just introduced that I've been burning like crazy!! And No I do not sell them, I leave that to the professionals(it would take away from photo time), I just buy them, which makes for some very happy consultants;) So here I go with some beautiful candle shots:) LOL! Yea right, who knew it was so hard to take a picture of fire, next time they won't be lit;) So I did the best I could with them. CC always welcome as you know.
PS. Here's a shot I got of DS riding his firetruck today. I changed the color settings in my cam. today so I'm wondering how they look to you.......and Julie I'm with you, I can't get rid of the noise no matter what I do... Let me know if you figure it out=)
PPS. Nevermind!!! UGH!! I let a friend check out my camera the other night and I'm checking info to send my assignments....ISO 1600!!! No wonder I got grain!!! Never again, no one is allowed to touch the camera! Oh well!:)

11 comments:

Debra said...

i am in love with the last one.. that is so far one of the best one's you have gotten with your boys....i wouldn't change it... i don't think i would even do black and white.....

Sara said...

LOL, no one is allowed to touch the camera again!
I agree with pp, leave the photo as is. Very, very cute.

Anna said...

Love the last one! My DH is always changing settings on my camera...and he complains when I leave it all on manual...
I agree leave it...

Amy said...

I have been MIA for the last week a lot, so I just went back and looked at your posts ~ love the Burts Bees ~ I have those stashed all over my house too and I agree with the minty feeling and smell, LOVE it! Also, I tried to sell partylite about 5 years ago but I wasn't pushy enough. I still have tons of it. You should just join as a consultant to buy it cheap, lol. I love their candles too, they are the best! I haven't even looked at a catalog in the last 3 yrs ~ sorta missing smelling some new scents now! Did you ever smell the mystery potion from about 4 falls ago ~ it was the best!

April Ziegler said...

Awww, love the shot of your DS. I'm a big fan of partylite too. I've had a party before but since then I've had to avoid it b/c I want to buy everything! Love the first shot, the angle is really cool...

Mom2Drew said...

That first shot with the angle and reflection is very cool! I'm a candle freak myself, but it's mostly because my SIL works for Yankee and I get that at an obscene discount;) The firetruck is so great and it's a cute shot of him waving bye. Your journaling never dissapoints;)

Dar Kaso said...

Very pretty candlelight shots. Love candles, have tons of them around the house but don't light them very often because my cats are mesmorized by the flame and Im afraid they will catch themselves on fire.

Tera Fraley said...

Love the pics and how you got them to glow!! Very cool! Everyone loves candles, TFS!

Teri said...

Gotta love burning candles. I like the comp on the 1st one.

Tori said...

Love the last one... too cute! Your journaling just cracks me up!

~JustJulie~ said...

That shot of your boys is great. Try the instructions you sent me. It works great! Thanks a bunch.