Wednesday, May 23, 2007

:( I know I'm off theme already.....Sort of....

But what's a girl to do when none of the pets will cooperate? I mean the little turtles spend all day being carted around by DS so when they aren't they hide under their little shelter thingy.... and Puff has no time to fool w/ me as he's way too busy eating...Anyway I'll post one of him just for fun but what I really want to know is what do you think of this pic? I found this thread today on 2peas linking to this cool tutorial and at first I'll admit I was intimidated, ( you're not dealing with a PS pro here) I thought.... No way can I do that!! but....... I was bored enough to give it a shot and I actually did it:) I was so excited! So it's probably not the "best picture" for it but I wasn't in the mood to search i just wanted to try it out so let me know what you think! I really liked it and I didn't think it was all that hard once I started doing it.....so here it is......


And here's another one of Puff Dog just to keep me "technically" on theme:)


Ok, Ok, I know, it's a lot but just one more! LOL I really want to know what you guys think of these.... This is one I turned in for my second assignment in Amber's Class. I have learned so much, and it's only week 2! Guess I needed to learn a lot:) In this one we had to take a pic in our house using available light, so we had to "scout" out our houses to decide where would be the best locations....It was a very interesting assignment and it really opened my eyes... course it opened the neighbors too, as I crouched in the doorway with it flung wide open and me on my hands and knees just trying to get the perfect shot:) I just don't think they've seen that side of me before:) LOL



PS if anyone wants to try out that PS technique, let me know and I'll see if I can remember who's blog I saw it on:)

7 comments:

Debra said...

you did an awesome job on these. i'm so proud of you...the last one is really good too. that available light is an awesome thing..hey what was the settings for that one? just curious.. well, i think you need to check out my blog...I'VE BEEN BUSY!!!good job girl...

Kathy said...

Thanks for the nice comments {under the lights. It was hand held w/my big lens, 75-300mm.
The framing of the picture is way cool. Looks like you are learning a whole lot. Very cool. I need that so bad.
Puff is just too dang cute!

Mom2Drew said...

FUN!!! I like playing with new things and I think you did a good job with ath shot. I guess i'm going to have to get creative too because I like to play around.

Love your journaling, it's fun/fresh and real! Keep it up.

Amy said...

These are great, I love the pping ~ I haven't tried one of those before I just might have to try and find that!

Tori said...

These are great! I like the framing that you did... nice!

Kay said...

You did a great job with PS! I like how you did the vignetting (sp?) with white! I like the picture you used too!

Jan said...

Cool shots!! I do like the PS work,too. You did a fabulous job with it.