Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Wait is Over!!



So I know you guys have been in suspense ALL DAY just waiting for these bday party pics:) LOL... Well, it was not a "real" shoot as it was for my Step-Sister's little boy but it was still enough practice for me to know that this is NOT my strong point! I have seen some of you guys' work and it is so awesome, and I walk away thinking"how cool, I've got to try that" but then on the spot, it just never works out....Anyway, these were taken in the theatre, the lighting was horrible!! I had to up my ISO to 1000 on some of these until I finally broke down and used my flash, so I know I have a few hot spots from it. I had these great windows behind me for catchlights but it was about 6 and so light was fading fast. The kids were all over the place and WOW! this was HARD.... And.........Yes I would LOVE some cheese with my wine:)haha. I'll try to be quiet now so you can check out the pictures.......here they are. Well at least what I've got so far. BTW I broke down and pulled out the 50 mm. It KILLED me to go w/out my 24-85 but I did it. It worked:) Of course I could've gotten better shots w/ my zoom.....yea....that's it! It was the lense:)



















So, what did I learn?....... that I need to be more aware of the backgrounds........... Oh and that I love angle's, maybe a little too much:) Oh well!!! It was still fun:) Thanks so much guys for all your nice comments and CC, I am really enjoying this POTD thing! hmmm.....I said that yesterday, didn't I:)



PS. I am emotionally attached to every one of these guys!(all the girls are my nieces, one's my son and the other is my nephew) oops both sons are in there:)

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I think that birthday's are so hard to photograph! I always have great intentions (see everyone else's great b-day pics!), but then when I get there, there are so many distractions that they don't turn out as well as I've planned LoL- But I think you did well! Oh and BTW...I LOVE angles too!

Sue said...

I really like the angles. That second picture is my favorite. What a fun series of pics. Looks like a lot of love and fun!

Sara said...

Candids, especially in poor lighting are difficult. I think you did great with what you had.
Cute bunch of children :)

Me said...

Such cute kids...my my my, just adorable. You are an angle loving gal, aren't ya!!!! LOL Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

What I do is shoot wide, and then I have plenty of space to work an angle if I desire one. I hate when I angle in camera and can't "fix" what I thought would look better than it did in reality. :)

By the way, how are you enjoying the POTD? LOL

Mom2Drew said...

You know...I think it's important to capture the moment no matter what the lighting is or backgrounds and you did just that. I found myself smiling at all the fun they were having, not thinking technically. You were pretty good about critiquing your own work, so I won't do anymore. Maybe a little lightening in PS and then, a conversion or two...but these are fun and not bad for the lighting you had to work with. Practicing with flash is always a good thing to do.