Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yea!!! A new Week!!!

Not that I didn't enjoy last week mind you, I was just ready to move on. So now we move on to THINGS we can't live without.... and since this is sort of like emotional attachment and we've been through the obvious, ie kids, DH, Kate Spade!!LOL Yes, you heard me right Kate Spade!!! I'll just take this literally and go with THINGS! So the first thing on my list this week that I can't live without is...... drumroll please........










That's right, my chapstick, I'm completely addicted to this stuff. My brand of choice, Burt's Bees! The best, I love the mintyness(sp) of it and I DO NOT GO ONE SINGLE PLACE W/O IT!!! No Kidding, I have this stuff stashed everywhere.... bedside table, car, purse, closet, bathroom, you name it's there. I know now that it has to do with using it too much and your lips getting used to it and not making their own moisture anymore or whatever. Too bad someone didn't tell me that BEFORE I was hooked. Seriously though, I think it comes from this insane fear I have of my lips getting so chapped I look like I have a Kool-aid ring around my mouth.Ever seen someone like that? Well, in school(like, elementary of course, by High school I was hooked) that was me! Don't ask me why but I never had chapstick.......hmmm. maybe bc my Mom was concerned this would happen....... anyway I have pitures(cringe) yes pictures, of me with those tell tale stains around my mouth, and I don't mean your lips just being a little kool-aid red either, I mean all out full blown circle half an inch out all the way around your lips!! No not pretty, at all! As a matter of fact, I think we should just stop talking about it now as it's bringing back memories it took years of therapy to supress.....LOL.... JK, no I didn't really go to therapy for chapstick addiction, but I do believe I could have back then. Can you imagine? Do you know how mean kids are on a good day??? Can you imagine when there really is something legit for them to pick on you for??? So please, parents don't allow your kids to be victimized by this awful affliction that can be avoided by spending 1.99 at the gas station!! (or Walgreen's if you prefer the mintylicious Burt's Bee's as I do) Wonder if I could get some kickback for the advertisement:)


PS. Hey do you guys think these can double as Macro Monday? I'm all out of flowers:) Course I do have some great macro's of the top of the OJ bottle left over from the tag:)

I'm adding this so I can show how helpful momstime tut. was to me today:) Thanks again!!

11 comments:

Debra said...

you could definately use the last for macro monday.... ok, the whole description of loving chapstick made me laugh....sad thing is, i can picture it..not that has happened to me before..or, at least i can't remember....but they are great shots. the dof of the last is my fav....

Trisha said...

I totally feel for you! I had the chapstick ring in Elementary too...terribly embarrassing...ugh! And now I go everywhere with my Chapstick too! Great pictures!!

Melissa said...

I really like the last one! I have a similar addiction that I'll be posting later in the week.

Tera Fraley said...

Great shot!! Wow thats lots of chapstick, LOL!! My husband is always on to me- that if I didnt use it all the time I wouldnt need it.

April Ziegler said...

Lol, I love your writing... the chapstick thing is too funny. I like the angle of the 2nd pic... Great shots!

Sue said...

Great post - love all the pictures. Too funny about the chapstick. The three oldest constantly have chapped lips. I have never tried the burts bees, but I think I will go get some! Love the last picture wiht hte color :) I definitely am going to try that too :)

Michelle said...

loving all the chapstick! your DOF and color is great!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Those are great shots. You've got me thinking about what I can't live without! I never would have thoght of chapstick!

Mom2Drew said...

Totally with you on this one. I like the tinted ones with the little color...merlot is my personal favorite. You bet this can be a macro monday, post it!

Just Being Sam said...

I know your pain. I have the stuff stuck between our matress ,the couch, my car and i never go anywhere without it. Ohh no i need to find some right now!!! Gotta go.

Sara said...

Love my Burt's Bees! I have their moisturizing lotion too. My fave chap stick is watermelon tinted.