Friday, June 15, 2007

Whew! What a Day!

I spent all morning getting my forms in order which is something I've been meaning to do for a while and finally got it done..... That's a relief:) I have Bible School starting on Monday and this year I'm directing it!! So the last half of the day was devoted to making sure I'm ready for that...... I spent half the morning waiting(as I was doing my forms of course) for UPS to bring my pics.....finally around 12:30 I find out that of all the places in the US, I live in one of the few where you must request AM delivery...otherwise it only has to be delivered by 7pm! Of course, as you know, I had to have my prints postmarked by 5pm so that was no good...... good thing my Mom has a UPS friend who tracked my driver down and got him to meet me at the PO... Thank Goodness!! So then the rest of the afternoon was spent getting my refund from CVS and shipping my prints out. So.................... as I sit here and breathe....I type this:) LOL Anyway.... just to give an update on the CVS thing, I took my WHCC prints in there to show them so they could see I was not making it up.......guess what she said.......The paper's different!! Can you believe that???? I mean you should have seen the difference in the prints! The colors were like night and day! and she blames the paper!! Whatever! Like I said, just another reason to stay away from CVS! So........ Whew! What a day! and also what a weekend it's gonna be:) Oh well! not like I'm any more busy than anybody else....right:) Happy Summer:)

Obviously, I didn't take this:) LOL but I've been thinking about my Grandma who recently passed away and this is her:) My how far we've come huh? And this is an improvement from some that we found! I scanned all these in and made a slideshow for her service.........This is how they used to "color" photos.



This one is by no means perfect, but I took it a few days after getting my very first DSLR a few years ago and I treasure it now:) I did run a vintage wash on it recently:)


And that's all I have for you tonight.... As you can see there was NO time for me to take any new pics....but tomorrow I'll have some for you or rather Sunday as I'll be at the Church tomorrow:) TFL:)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

glad to hear you got your pictures in time. love the vintage photo...yes, we really have come a long way! and the one of your grandma and ds is precious.

Joanne Fowler said...

That is such a sweet pic of your grandmother and you DS (?). I'm sure he will treasure that.

Have fun at VBS!

Tori said...

Sweet pictures of your Grandmother and son... And good thing you got your pictures in time! They are beautiful sunsets!

Lorrie said...

photos have come a long long way, but there is nothing like getting a hold of a really old good photo!
Love the one of your grandma too.

Amy Covey said...

I'm so glad you got your photos in time...and can't believe CVS tried to blame it on the paper. I love the photo of your grandma as a little girl - I love old photos.