Saturday, June 9, 2007

Excited....no nervous.....no excited.......

You get the point... I am so excited but also so nervous! I have been studying and practicing for this for what seems like forever now and I finally got a call!! I only made the decision to take the plunge and print my cards about 1 month ago and I've not done any advertising just put my cards out....... So now I finally got a call!! This will be my first REAL NON FAMILY(or any relation or friend or anything) shoot! I don't know this woman from Eve!! But she wants head shots for her business cards and got my name from a friend who's headshots I did a couple months ago and now she wants me to do hers!!! ahhhhhhhhh!!! And she is in kind of a pinch and needs them done soon so I'm gonna do them on Monday. I can hardly breathe...... I'm nervous, I can't do it, I'm not ready, I don't know how, what if I make an isiot of myself??????? I have been doing this to myself all day, since she called! I don't know how I'll make it til Monday! I am so not good at talking to people I don't know so that is scary too. ohhh, I am just sooo scared:) Can you believe it? I mean this is what I want soooooo badly and now it's happening and I'm a basketcase.......I mean I dont KNOW her! Can I take pics of someone I don't know? Well, I sure hope so cause if not I'll never get anywhere!LOL Well thanks for listening to my ranting and forgive me for being off theme...again.... and posting "old" photos:) I thought I'd post the headshot my friend decided on for her cards so maybe you guys could cc on that and give me any suggestions you may have:) I'm going over to her house, she said she just wants some green in the bg, nothing fancy, I mean they are just headshots!! Can you believe how crazy I am?? LOL Oh well:) here ya go:)

This is the initial shot, pretty much SOOC.....It was the ideal weather for the shoot:)So color and clarity were good....I think;)




This second one is the cropped version bs she wore a less than ideal top:) Oh well!

7 comments:

Sue said...

I think the pictures are very pretty with the colors. You might want to provide suggestions for clothing in the future. That looks white on white and takes away the focus from your friend's face because it pulls the focus to her clothing. Nice background though. And CONGRATULATIONS!

Melissa said...

I agree I would make clothes suggestions. The background is great.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I was wondering what program do you need to open RAW? I've been thinking about trying RAW but know nothing about it except you can fix exposure, etc.

Tera Fraley said...

The colors are grat! Maybe have her bring a few different tops to work with so your not just stuck with one not so good one. Congrats to you, Im sure you will do great!! Whoo for you!

April Ziegler said...

How exciting! Stop stressing yourself out about it... I'm sure you're going to do awesome. Great pic, I might try cropping it closer on the right where the last flower ends but I'm certainly no expert...

Unknown said...

I think it looks good too. Congrats on the job. So exciting! :) I've got a wedding this weekend for a friend and I'm nervous beyond belief!

Mom2Drew said...

Not bad at all;) Now take a breath. I think I would actually crop it vertically, but do agree about the top...almost 2 completely different shades of white am I correct? What do people think sometimes?

bprincephoto said...

Don't have anything to add that hasn't been said. I'm sure you will do great.