Thursday, June 14, 2007

CVS Stinks!!

Ok so I know that everyone always talks about where they get their prints done and the views are mixed on the "local" places but let me tell you.... My Jury is in! So here's the story...........I wake up this morning thinking I'll get my Calander Contest shots in the mail today as they have to be postmarked by tomorrow(yea I know...Nothing like the last minute:) Anyway, as I'm checking the site last night for the mailing info I come across the fact that I can submitt 3 prints..... so I go through all the prints eligible(had to be taken on a certain day only) and find a couple I love! Now I just have to get them printed....no problem right???? WRONG! All we have locally are CVS, Walmart, and Walgreen's..... CVS is closer and I can upload so I take that route..... 1hour and 22.00 later I pick up my prints.......Horrible! Just awful! The color stinks, the ink is not smooth! They were really horrible! So after panicking bc I figure I cna't print them and then calling WHCC(the ones who printing the first shot) and who I love..... They are shipping the order overnight.... I had to pay double to assure they got printed today and 6.00 to ship overnight and it still only cost me 6.00 more than CVS!! So now that I've bored you with my day I'll leave you with some shots! Oh and you know what the lady at CVS had the NERVE to suggest? That it could be MY shots!!! Well! I never!LOL I plan on taking the new shots in to show them when I go for my refund! As if!! So anyway, here you go:)

Moral of the story - Always leave yourself JUST enough time to get the prints you need from the place you love:) And shop CVS for your prescriptions not your prints!!

Here's the other 2 I chose:)




And I just Love this one:)

Sorry for all the Sunsets lately, but I just love them:) TFL!!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

the colors in these are awesome! and lol! prescriptions...not prints...definitely my new motto.

April Ziegler said...

Haha. Boo to CVS. But these shots are GORGEOUS! I adore the last one... the colors & clouds, just perfect...

Sara said...

Mmm, I love sunsets too.
LOL, prescriptions, not prints. I can hear the chant!

Amy said...

I love reading your stories! I agree she had nerve to suggest that. I've had that happen to me, I will never print locally (and this place is a photography business) ever again!!!!! Glad to hear WHCC is getting it to you overnight! Yeah for them. Beautiful pictures.

Jen said...

GORGEOUS! CVS sucks. even for prescriptions. I only shop there if I absolutely have to. sorry you had such a bad experience.

amazing grace said...

arghhh...sorry for your frustration!

love the pics though! that last one is so beautiful!

leah

Joanne Fowler said...

Ooooh, I LOVE The last one! AWESOME! Sorry about your printing mess.

Tera Fraley said...

those are gorgeous shots!! Yes I would take the good prints to show them :p How rude?! I once got a VERY bad digital camera and when I tried to take it back to Wal-Mart they suggested maybe it was the person taking the pics. Im sorry I dont think I cause the coloring to be off and the photos looking pixelated!!

Amy Covey said...

These are gorgeous! I absolutely love the color in them. Sorry about your photo printing mess. I think it's a great idea to take your new prints to CVS when you get them to show them what they could look like.

Mom2Drew said...

Glad WHHC came through. Even if it were the shots I took, I don't think I would ever express that to a customer, does not seem professional at all. Sometimes lessons are tough to learn, but also good because now you know where you can trust and where you can't.