Saturday, June 23, 2007

Closer????

So most of the comments I got you guys said you'd like to see less sand and more of the people......So I'm wondering if you can help me out???? I have a few of course that do show less sand but they are not cropped to a normal printing size:( I don't know how to show less sand and yet still keep the correct dimentions for printing, not without cropping to a larger size and printing smalller than that to make it work.... make sense? I've never shot a family this big before and I want to make sure I have it all figured out before I start submitting their print orders, KWIM? Anyway any suggestions you guys have would be MUCH appreciated:) So I'm gonna throw in a few more from my shoot for you to CC on! Like I said before they really were a great group. Oh and someone mentioned the shots were too posed.....I did have to stick to 3 major "poses" bc of time constraints and the families wanted the one where they were looking at me with the ocean in the bg. I would have loved to have had a lot more time with at least some of them bc I could 've had a blast, but it just wasn't to be! I have already gotten another offer to do some friends of theirs when they come down here for their reunion so this was definately great practice:) Thanks again for all your help guys!

What do you think of this ?




I just love this one:)




The kids had such a blast jumping the waves:)


Ok, Ok I've kept you long enough, I'll cut it for now:) Can't wait to hear what you think:)


;)Just had to add one more sht with my new lens:) LOVE IT!! This is SOOC:) !!!

9 comments:

Lauren Hartman said...

To be honest, I'm not all that fond of the vignette. Could you have this printed as a 10x20 wall portrait, instead of a traditional 8x10 or 16x20? 10x20 frames are easy to find, even at the craft stores. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there!

Rebecca said...

Are you needing a really large size? You could try going panoramic 12x4 or a more popular size now is 4x8 but those are not usually "wall portraits"

9x12 or 18x24 are also other "odd" sizes that are available at some pro labs. Framing might be an issue though.

I'd look at the sizes your lab offers and try those crops on your pictures.

Best of luck!

Erika said...

I really like the candid, fun ones and think you did great for that huge of a group...but I am also not fond of the strong vignette, but sounds like you got other great advice!

Teri said...

Their all very nice.

amazing grace said...

i love these pics---but, i don't think i would add the vignette. It actually takes away from the pic IMHO.

love the bw shot and the kids playing!

leah

amazing grace said...

i love these pics---but, i don't think i would add the vignette. It actually takes away from the pic IMHO.

love the bw shot and the kids playing!

leah

Mom2Drew said...

Hmmm, I understand your delima;)

I "think" on that first shot, I too would opt for a larger print and either get rid of vignette, or make it much less pronounced. What about just burning the edges a tad?

With that many people, it's tough no matter what, especially if you don't print big.

What is your new lens by the way?? Always fun getting new stuff.

Tori said...

I love the candids! Especially the last one of the girls playing in the water... too cute! I don't really care for the vignette... I agree with printing it big, or going with a 10x20 perhaps.

Troop 1309 said...

Great photos. The one of the boy walking & holding the parents hand is adorable!