Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ok Tell me what you think......

I've been missing out on the POTD this week bc I've been doing VBS and proofing like a fool:) My shoot on Saturday went really well! The families were just as nice as they could be and I got some great shots:) I had my proofing session today and she LOVED them! I was so excited:) Anyway, there were like 11 seperate families and they of course all wanted to be shot individually and as the whole group.........Like I said, exhausting to say the least......So here are just a few shots I got. We were on the beach in the late afternoon, sun was a little much in the beginning but I had to start early enough so I didn't lose the light(and of course most of them were late) All in all I think it worked out well....... I took my reflector this time:) Not that I was able to use it on a group of 45!!!! But I did take it:) So here ya go...... let me have it!!(gently) haha jk! With the group being so large and the families so many I stuck to like 3 poses for the families, walking away down the beach, towards down the beach and posed in front of the ocean.......

I have to take out the flip flop on this one...LOL this is what happens when you edit after midnight:)


This is a little boy and he was just about the cutest thing, and I like the mid. sep on these bc they look so dreamy:)


Do you love this little girl?!?1 What a doll!!


Ok I had to add one more.....This is diff. bc I used my new 85mm1.4 and all I can say is.......I'm in LOVE!!!



Ok so that all I've got for you tonight, we'd be here all night if I showed all the famillies...... but I'll share more in the week....what do you think so far? TFL!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I wish they were all a little closer, kind of hard to see. I know it's hard with a group that big though. Looks like it was fun! Can't believe that boys hair, wow.

Unknown said...

no hhcc from me....I too wish they were closer...BUT with a group that big...it's almost impossible unless you make more layers (of people)....not so wide...but really I like it....I LOVE the one of the little boy...very dreamy......shoot i like them all! :) Great work!

amazing grace said...

these are GREAT!!! i clicked on the large family one to get the image bigger and I think you did great! and I LOVE the family pic! very beautiful family!

leah

Dana said...

Like everyone else, my first thought is a tighter crop. I kind of think that the sand, etc is not as important, so why not get rid of it? I know(or can imagine)how difficult a big group like this can be...I think you did a good job posing them. The single family one looks a little too posed for my taste--I wish it had a little bit more fun in it KWIM? But, good job--great colors and white balance which is tough with all those white shirts ;)

Mom2Drew said...

Fabulous bokeh with your new lens! I wish Canon made one, but instead I'd have to pay about $2000 for the 85 1.2 and just not sure if I'm willing to do that yet.

Anyway...wow, that's a lot of people in that first shot. Did you set everyone up? If so...PROPS girl, that's no easy task. Yes, crop a little tighter and maybe a little lightening, but wow...good job!!

Amy Covey said...

WOW - that's a lot of people in the first photo. I clicked on it to see it larger and it looks like everyone (or almost everyone) is even looking at the camera. That's not an easy thing to accomplish...good for you!

Jan said...

Wow!! That is a BIG family!! You did an outstanding job with them--seriously!! I will agree with all the PP's. I would like a tigher crop, but with a group that large, I know it's difficult. I think I would crop some of that sand out in front of them--making the family a little closer to the camera. Anyway, WTG!

April Ziegler said...

Great job, especially for such a big group! What a task. I like the suggestion of cropping out some of the sand in front, but I'd leave the sides as they are... I like to see the water in the background! Looking forward to seeing more shots w/ the 85mm, I've been considering that one as well

Tera Fraley said...

Oh wow, big group! Bet that was tiring. I think they look good, I like the small family group shot.

Tori said...

Dang girl! Color me impressed on that first one especially! 45 people, to include a good number of kids and you got them all looking at you! Kudos to you!