Monday, June 11, 2007

Relief!! LOL

Ok, so I finished the shoot and what a relief! She was super nice, it was a little nerve racking at first and I realized I need to work on a system for the paperwork, but all in all it went well! The client was pleased and I for the most part so am I:) Keep in mind these were headshots for her bus.cards....she's in Real Estate... so she didn't want anything fancy just something that when you put it on the card you can kind of see her face:) LOL She was a riot! 7 DOGS she has! Yes 7!! they are all little Taco Bell dogs but hey 7! I coudn't believe it along with 4 kids, how does she do it? I have not a clue:) better her than me! Anyway, I think I may have a family shoot from her too, and she says she has tons of friends so we'll see what happens:) Anyway here are the shots......don't hold back, I already see some things I need to work on but I won't cloud your judgements:) Let me know what ya think:)


This is one of the last ones I found and I really liked it, for her website:)


It was so hard to get her to smile, and then she liked the ones with the "fake" smile best! Oh well....


Now this was her fav. cause her little boy was in it! He was a cutie!


But just for the record I like this one ......



That's all I'll bore you with for now:) WE DID THE SHOOT THIS AM at about 9:45 and were finished shooting by about 11 but her house was not the ideal place to do it as she really had nothing that made a "great bg" KWIM? Anyway let me have it:) Oh and the window lighting on her hais was a must as she didn't want it to look too dark:) LOL Women!!TFL

13 comments:

HC said...

I like the first one best!

Sara said...

I like the first one best too. Though, for cc:
She looks a little stiff. get her to take a deep breath, start talking to you, and get her to forget you are taking her photo. Also, her shoulders and face are very squared off. Maybe have her tilt her head just a bit, or turn a little.
The full size looks slightly grainy on my screen; is it really?
LOL about her wanting to be indoors. If you had a poster board/relector, you might have had some lovely catchlights which would help give a little depth to the inside ones.
I think a ;lot of things went really, realy well here. Your exposure is good, and the attempt to accomodate her and uise the light to your advantage were clever.
Nice job!

Amy Covey said...

I really like the first one. I agree, she looks a little stiff...it's so hard to get adults to "lighten up". Overall, I think you did a great job though - especially shooting indoors.

Mom2Drew said...

The light on the first one is best. For your next shoot, I would use a reflector so that the lighting is more even. Good job though and I know she'll like them, she's an attractive gal and the one with her son says..."buy this house!"

Patti said...

I like the first one best. I think the background is a bit distracting in the others

Amy said...

I agree with most of these comments, def. look into a reflector, makes a HUGE difference with the eyes. I feel like she is too head on, turn her slightly and then have her tilt her head. I like the first one best too, but I feel like her hands clasped together looks stiff. I can't believe she has 4 dogs? AAAHHH, I can't even handle one.

Michelle said...

can't really add too much to what was already said, except that i agree. you did get some nice color! and i am sure she is pleased.

Heather said...

Thanks ladies:) I didn't even think to bring my reflecter I will next time for sure:) We did get some others with her turned slightly btw but being as it's for her business card and the pic will be so small she didn't like the side ones. I tried so hard to get her to loosen up some by talking about her kids and family bc them she would be as soon as I would start snapping she'd clam right up....any suggestions??Thanks for all the comments I really appreciate them:) Keep them coming:)

amazing grace said...

sometimes you can just say your just checking something on your camera while you are snapping--and they will stay a bit comfortable.

:)

I agree with all the pp. :)

leah

Bobbi said...

I like the first one a lot. I think it would be hard to shoot a stranger, you did a great job.

Tera Fraley said...

Good job! I think they came out good. As with the pp she may have been stiff but just need to get her to loosen up. Still got some good ones and Im sure she will like them

Tori said...

Well... I have to agree with everyone else! I like the first one best. I think you did a good job though!

bprincephoto said...

Great shots. I think you did a wonderful job. WTG