Monday, June 4, 2007

Way off theme but super excited.....!!!!



So while doing my rounds today,(of the POTD blogs) I ran across one where someone(sorry I don't remember who at the moment) was practicing using the flash successfully:) I was thrilled! I've run across this thread both at ILP and here but I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it until today. Lets just say I followed the trail and ending up reading an awesome thread about this. The thread really opened my eyes.....Anyway these are so SOOC it's almost embarassing but I had to see what you thought. I have been so frustrated with the flash lately and this would open a whole new world so let me know what you think ok.......I didn't run any actions or anything I just wanted to see what you thought about the flash:) These were taken in almost total darkness at around 10pm I think most of these, I focused on him and then turned the lights off and snapped the picture. Wow! I am so impressed if I do say so myself!! But anyway I'd love to know what you think:) I know this is off theme but I am still recouperating from all the proofing:) LOL TFL!!




PS. Guys I am looking at getting a new lens, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the sigma 105mm 2.8? It's between that and the Nikkor 85mm( I'd love to have the Nikon 105 but I just can't part with 900 bucks right now......so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:)


12 comments:

Trisha said...

These look good to me, although i haven't tried the tutorial yet. The focus looks nice and the color looks nice!

Joanne Fowler said...

I ate up that thread on ILP and had an incredible AH-HA moment - isn't it awesome?! I was floored that I got better with flash so quickly from it! You did a fab job on these, you're gonna start loving your flash soon & I can't wait to see more!

Michelle said...

that thread is certainly eye opening! i have to post my pics tomorrow. you did a great job with these! the middle one is my fav.

Jen said...

I will have to read that thread. Those pics look great! Sorry I don't know anything about the lens though.

Me said...

What were your settings. I think you did great. I want to compare settings on photos I really like. Leave your answer on my blog, please.
On that second shot, did you bounce left?

Debra said...

i think these all turned out great.. i don't see any harsh shadows.... see, all it takes is practice and you'll love your flash...just say to yourself "i love my flash, i love my flash!!"

Mom2Drew said...

Flash does not have to be a 5-letter word, so I think it's great to get it out and practice. Maybe we should all do this one week? I know I could use a refresher.

I know nothing about Nikon lenses, but the Canon version of the 85 is wonderful and I cherish my macro 100. Sorry it's not advice on your specific lenses...what's the price difference between the sigma and the Nikkor 85 you're considering? What do the reviews say?

Sara said...

Your light looks lovely, although I think you're still a little underexposed. Your in camera reading needs to register the ambient light (allthough not be set for a correct exposure). You need to see your tick mark move from all the way on the left. I think it can be underexposed by a one to one and a half stops.
This is fun, isn't it? ;)

Melissa said...

I know nothing about flash, but I've been thinking about getting a speedlight. I'll have to read that thread. I think they came out pretty good for SOOC!

Tera Fraley said...

I think they look great! Taken in the dark? Gonna have to check this one out. Hes a cutie!

Tori said...

I think you did a fantastic job here! They do look a wee bit underexposed on my monitor, but look at the catchlights you got! Super!

~JustJulie~ said...

OK, I haven't read the whole thing about dragging the shutter... haven't had time. So, without having any idea of what it is you are actually doing, I will say that I think the first two are good. The second one, especially, looks very nice. The last one seems to have a lot of motion blur.