Sunday, August 2, 2009

12 Years and counting......

As you might have guessed, today is my Wedding Anniversary! So, in honor of that, I thought I would tell you all the story of how we met ;-) I know everyone has a story and ours is not so different from a lot but special to us nonetheless :-)

It was my freshman year in High School and he was actually a Junior. I thought he was cute, and sweet and he liked me. I mean, COME ON, he was a JUNIOR! LOL! Anyway, as fate would have it, we "dated" for about 2 weeks during which time I thought he was just as sweet as he could be. He walked me to classes and carried my books, he had a car and gave me rides home. It was pure bliss..... for 2 weeks. I mean I was just getting started with High School and I was such a snob! You see he wasn't considered cool by any means and that was super important to me at that time so being the inconsiderate, bratty, snob I was, I dumped him. I mean I could try to make it sound all pretty and tell you we parted ways as friends, but that would be a lie. We didn't. We were far from it, because he knew what a snot I was and so it just wasn't pretty.

Fast Forward to MY Junior year and he had graduated but his steady girlfriend was in my grade. They had been together for a while and so he was always around after school. Again, as fate would have it, I missed my bus one afternoon and he JUST happened to be around and offered to take me home. AND seeing as how I had no choice I accepted the ride. Well, of course he had a GIRLFRIEND and I was not that kind of girl anyway so it was nice of him to offer:-) Well, lets just say that it was not the last ride he gave me. Apparently, he and his GF were not on the best of terms and so they split just a few days after that and as they say, the rest is history :-)

He has been the BEST thing that happened to me and I am so very thankful for missing the bus that day! ;-) 12 years and 2 beautiful children later I look forward to every day God gives me with him. There have been many ups and many downs but through it all we have been there always together and for that I am so very thankful. I could not have asked for a better husband or father for my boys! I love you G! Happy Anniversary!

and because no post is complete without a picture here's a preview of a post coming up, check out this beautiful momma ;-)

No comments: