Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm seeing red, red, red!

And I don't mean like the red you see when you're angry although it probably does look like that in the sunlight;-) No I mean the red that I have on the top of my head! YES, you heard me right, I let the absolutely fabulous Kyli color my hair red! Now, for me this was no rash decision! It sure was not!

You see Kyli has been my hairdresser for about 5 or 6 years now and in all that time my hair style has changed VERY little. And the color- well lets face it, I didn't even let her do my color until about 2 years after I started going to her and then I only had it done once a year- because I have NO PATIENCE to sit in the chair for that long:-) So she did a simple foil that was close enough to make my color blend and that allowed me the leasure to be able to sit through it ONCE A YEAR!

So now here I am and for the last 6 months I have wanted something different and I decided that was red. But, again, let's face it, we are talking about me here and since change has to come slowly I had to ease myself into it. You know, kind of like when you were a kid, or maybe an adult and you're trying to get into the pool just a few weeks before the water is perfect? Yea, yea I know your mom says that it's better to just jump right in but she lying. Really, she is, It's so NOT better- slow and steady is the way to go. Ok, that was harsh, she isn't lying, she just doesn't know how cold it really is ;-)

Ok- back to the point- I have to like dip my toe in and out for a while before I can get in all the way. So that is what I did. I ALLOWED her to do a *tiny* amount of red almost a year ago. Then the last time I went in- she did full red BUT she followed it by putting A LOT of blonde over it so the red was not the main color- but THIS TIME, here is what we have........





Now please remember these were taken at almost midnight so I am not my best. I look like I can barely hold my eyes open but hey, you get the point!

one more for kicks:-)


Until next time!

1 comment:

Stacy Curl said...

Sweet Heather! I love it! I have not yet allowed anyone to fully color my hair I am still trying to get use to highlights! You look awesome and good job making the next step!