Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So.......

Today I want to talk a bit about growing up:( My BABY specifically is the one growing up and it so darn hard. I mean I know it's inevitable but come on! Does it have to happen so fast? I so wish I had my archives to show you him as a baby baby but I don't and plus they would be film anyway so it wouldn't matter;) LOL But ya know????? So here's the deal, we're sitting down to eat dinner this past week and DS says "Mommy, my tooth hurts, I can't eat" So I tell him to let me take a look and upon inspecting I calmly explain to him that he is gonna lose said tooth and it must be before bedtime tonight bc everyone knows you can't go to bed with a tooth hanging by a thread! You could choke, Right? Happens all the time........ anyway, of course he is upset bc he doesn't want to lose his teeth. So I convince him to finish dinner and then big brother explains the concept of "The Tooth Fairy" and miraculously DS is ready to yank that sucker right out with nary a thought of the pain anymore for the $$$$ he will receive. Great! Fine! Perfect! I can handle that, except I have no cash, but that's another matter entirely. So after 2 good pulls said tooth is free from his mouth and we can all sleep peacefully knowing he won't choke to death that night! (I'm tellin ya it could happen) So my pic today is of DS with his newfound toothless grin:) He is so incredibly proud of himself! He told DH that night on the phone the "I just don't know what I'm gonna do though Daddy bc if I lose ALL of my baby teeth I won't be able to eat anything!" LOL
I laugh but he was serious! LOL So all's well that ends well and just so you know the Tooth Fairy did vist our home that night or morning rather when she remembered. She just "borrowed" a few bucks from DS's piggy bank! :o Hey, Don't worry I (I mean she) put it back! LOL TFL:) So after the life story here's the pic of my Big Boy:( Why can't they just stay little and cute forever? LOL


Oh and for the record, I did take a couple shots focused on his tooth but this was my fav:)

17 comments:

pakosta said...

that's an awesome pic! and he's sooooooo adorable!
tara

Jason said...

great shot! i really like the B&W conversion. TFS

Margaret said...

Such a great shot! Love it! And I loved your story about the tooth. Another milestone!

Angie Moses said...

what a cutie!

Michelle said...

LOL! love that new smile! so glad he now "gets" the whole Tooth Fairy thing. hehehe

Stacey said...

What a cutie! I'm still waiting for my oldest to lose his first tooth...I bought this cute little tooth fairy pillow when he was a baby! I hope I can find it before he loses one! LOL

Val said...

Cute expression!

Mandy said...

Hahaha...what a great story. And his smile..that is priceless.

Reds said...

Beautiful smile and great journaling!

Jess said...

Awww! He is adorable with his new smile! I hear ya... they do grow up WAY too fast. I have lots of moments I wish I could just freeze time.

pat said...

Cute--love it when they start getting those gappy grins...

Bobbi said...

Aww, he is so cute. My son just kost his first two within a week of each other last month. It really does make you realize how big they are.

Your son was much braver then him...it took a week of the tooth hanging on before he wiggled it out.

Shawna said...

Hilarious!!! Great shot and I love the story that goes along with it! Hey, at least the Tooth Fairy didn't have to write a check! =)

Emily Weaver Brown said...

great expression!

Tori said...

great shot!

mel said...

what a precious photo! they grow up way too fast... I've decided they should come with a pause button!

Becky said...

That's cute! It almost has a 50s look to it to me. I'm not quite sure why I think so, but I do. :-)
And let me tell you, the tooth fairy that comes to my house: TOTAL DITZ! She was forever forgetting and leaving my kids notes of apology.