Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beach Weekend

What a blast we had! It was so nice to get away, even if it was but for a little while. We all went together, the hubby tool off of work and we all took off for a night of sun and sand! For the first time EVER I woke to watch the sunrise..... what a beauty it was to see. The pics don't even begin to do it justice but they do keep the memory fresh and after all, isn't that what it's all about?
But before I show you that, I should start at the beginning, which was the evening before. Right after we got there we went for a walk on the beach to explore and watch the sunset.

Now that is something I've photographed many times before but it still never ceases to amaze me :-) My oldest started out finding this really cool starfish and I just thought it deserved a shot all it's own....



And then came our breathtaking sunset.....



Truth be told, this is one of my favorite shots from the weekend.

But this one ranks a close 2nd.....


This was seconds before it actually rose and it was just...... amazing! I hope you all have a wonderful day, and try to take some time out today to enjoy the world around you!

1 comment:

tori said...

So pretty! I love the shot of the starfish.